Our mission is to keep, discover, and celebrate the history of Mount Desert Island
MOUNT DESERT ISLAND
N E W S
Mount Desert Island Historical Society Hosts Boat Launch
George B. Dory boat launch Monday, August 17th 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm at Somesville Landing.
Waves of Change Frenchman Bay Cruise
Sunday, August 9th at 4 pm -Bar Harbor Historical Society and MDI Historical Society are hosting a “Waves of Change Cruise of Frenchman Bay,” generous supported by the Bar Harbor Whale Watch Company.
Become a Member
Membership is open to all. Please join us in discovering the people, events, traditions, and connections between our past and our future on Mount Desert Island.
- August 6, Thursday, 4 pm Exhibits Committee
- August 9, Sunday, 4 to 8 pm Waves of Change Frenchmen's Bay Cruise
- August 12, Wednesday, 4 pm Executive/ Finance Committee
- August 14, Friday, 4 pm Preservation Working Group
- August 19, Wednesday, Noon Cataloger's Brown Bag Lunch
- August 20, Thursday, 10 am Somesville Walking Tour
- August 20, Thursday, 5 pm Annual Meeting
- September 2, Wednesday, 9 am Development Committee
- September 3, Thursday, 4 pm Exhibits Committee
- September 7, Monday, Labor Day - Office closed